- Maintenance dose
The recommended daily dose is 20mg once a day.
For continuation of the treatment please consult your doctor.
Dosage for Alzheimer’s disease
Adult dosage (ages 18 years and older)
- Typical starting dosage: 5 mg taken once per day.
- Dosage increases: Your doctor will likely increase your dosage to 5 mg twice per day or higher.
- Maximum dosage: 20 mg per day.
If you take more Memantine tablets than you should
– In general, taking too many Memantine tablets should not result in any harm to you.
– If you take a large overdose of Memantine tablets, contact your doctor or get medical advice, as you may need medical attention.
If you forget to take Memantine tablets
– If you find you have forgotten to take your dose of Memantine tablets, wait and take your next dose at the usual time.
– Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.